Each year over 100,000 foreign students come to Canada for studies due to a number of reasons.
Students from Pakistan also come to Canada in good number as well. Canada is fast becoming the first choice for many Pakistani students after the restrictions imposed by UK.
The students can get admission in Canadian colleges or universities directly or through authorized consultants in Pakistan. The admission fee can range from $50 to $250 depending on the college or university. Once the students have received Letter of Acceptance from the educational institute, it is time to submit the application for study permit at Canadian High Commission in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Document Check List for Canada Study Permit from Pakistan
Following are the required documents which are required along with the application forms:
- Two passport photographs for each applicant with the name and birth date of the individual written on the back
- Processing fee – $125 is the fee for study permit. The fee can be paid at Standard Chartered Bank in Pakistan. The green receipt must be submitted with your application.
- Valid passport from each person requiring a temporary resident visa. The validity of a study permit or visa cannot go beyond the validity of the passport.
- All cancelled or expired passports must be submitted, if applicable.
- A photocopy of the bio-data page of each applicant’s passport.
- Original and a photocopy of the Letter of Acceptance from educational institution in Canada. If the acceptance is conditional then applicant must show that conditions can be met.
- All previous educational documents (originals only)
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover applicant’s tuition and living expenses for at least one year in Canada. In addition to the cost of tuition, applicant should have at least CAD $10,000 available to cover the living expenses. Following documents can be submitted as proof:
- copies of bank statements or a bank book covering the past four months;
- any additional supporting documents demonstrating a reliable source of funds (letter of undertaking and financial documents from parent or sponsor, official letter of scholarship or financial award, investments, income from rental properties etc.);
- if tuition has already been paid, proof of payment is required.
- Copy of National Identity Card for each applicant.
- Copies of Birth Certificates for accompanying minor children/Marriage Certificate or Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) for accompanying spouse, as applicable.
- Any other documentation/information showing applicant’s ties to Pakistan.
- Police certificate from each country or territory where applicant has lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.
- If applicant will be studying in Quebec, then Certificat d’Acceptation du Québec (CAQ) is also required.
- Custodianship documents are required for students who are under the age of majority in Canada.
- If a minor is traveling with only one parent, custody documents or notarised permission from the other parent is required.
The application for Canadian study permit can be submitted through Visatronix or Visa Dropbox services.
The processing times can vary from 3-4 months.
Once study permit application has been reviewed by immigration officer for eligibility assessment and applicant is found to be eligible, the applicant is then advised to go through the medical checks. If the medical tests are clear, the applicant receives the visa to travel to Canada.
If the applicant does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, a refusal letter is sent.
Always check with the consultant if he or she is authorized to represent you for Canadian study permit application. Check out details of ICCRC membership of our immigration consultant at the website of Immigration Consultant of Canada Regulatory Council.