Canadian Experience Class is the option for temporary foreign workers to obtain Canadian permanent residence status. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience should be in Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or Skill Level B (technical occupations and skilled trades).
The applicants must not be planning to live in Quebec and should meet the following minimum requirements to apply for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class:
- The applicant is temporary foreign worker with at least 12 months of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada with in three years prior to submitting application,
- Has gained skilled work experience in Canada with the proper work or study authorization
- must meet the required minimum English/French language skills
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has set a maximum cap of 12000 per year. Between November 9, 2013 and October 31, 2014, CIC will accept a maximum of 12,000 complete applications under the Canadian Experience Class.
There is sub-caps of 200 applications for each National Occupational Classification B applications within the maximum limit of 12000. CIC has excluded the following occupations from the eligible professions and applicants having the work experience in the following occupations can not apply for Canadian Experience Class:
- Cooks (NOC 6322)
- Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
- Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
- Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
- Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
If your existing work permit is about to expire you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit allowing you stay in Canada while you are waiting for decision on your permanent residency application.
We can assist you to assess your eligibility for Canadian immigration under Canadian Experience Class. Contact us today to check out if you qualify. We can provide you the information about other possibilities for Canadian immigration enabling you to make an educated decision to choose the most suitable Canadian immigration option.