Canadian Immigration for Foreign Students through SINP

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) provides opportunity to those international students who have graduated with only one year of post-secondary full time education to apply for Canadian Permanent Resident status. The Canadian Experience Class for foreign students require minimum two years full time study at post-secondary level.

Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) has two streams of the Student Category: the Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream and the Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream.

1. Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream
International graduate may apply under Post-Graduation Work Permit Stream if the graduate:

  • has graduated with a certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution in Canada. The program must have been equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study.
  • has worked for at least six months of paid employment in Saskatchewan. Eligible types of work experience in Saskatchewan include on-campus, off-campus, co-op terms, graduate fellowships that can be verified by your institution, and work experience gained on a post-graduate work permit.
  • has applied for and received a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
  • has a current, permanent, full-time job offer from a Saskatchewan employer. The job offer does not have to relate to studies.

2. Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream
Foreign graduates may be eligible to apply under Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program student category Master’s and PhD Graduate Stream if the graduate:

  • has completed all degree requirements for an existing Master’s and/or PhD program that required at least one academic year of full-time study from the University of Saskatchewan or the University of Regina.
  • is applying within two years of the date on which the degree was granted and from a country in which he has legal status.
  • intends to live in Saskatchewan and is able to demonstrate ability to settle and work in Saskatchewan with at least one of the following:
    • has at least six months of employment history in the field of training in Saskatchewan;
    • is currently employed in the field of training or have received a job offer in the field of training in Saskatchewan for a term longer than six months;
    • the spouse is currently employed in Saskatchewan in a permanent, full-time position; or,
    • has enough money to sustain for a short time without work ($10,000 for principal applicant and $2,000 for each accompanying family member).

There are number of options for International students graduating from a Canadian post-secondary educational institution to gain landed immigrant status in Canada. International students must consider the possibility of Permanent Residence while deciding to choose a country to pursue higher studies. Canada is one of the best options to study, work and live.

Brilliancy Immigration can provide consultancy for obtaining the study permits to start your studies in Canada. Contact us today to discuss study visa options.


Leave A Reply