Canadian Immigration for International PhD Graduates

The graduate of a PhD program in one of Ontario’s publicly funded universities may be able to apply for nomination as a permanent resident, under the International Student Category’s PhD Graduate Stream. International PhD students may apply for the program from within Canada or from overseas.

You may be eligible to apply under this Canadian Immigration stream if:

  • Have graduated from an existing PhD program at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario. OR
  • Have successfully completed all degree requirements for the program (i.e completion of course work and successfully defended their thesis and are awaiting the granting of their degree).
  • Have completed at least two years of their PhD studies at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario.
  • Apply within two years of the date on which their PhD degree was granted.
  • Have legal status, if the international PhD graduate applicant is in Canada.

However, you must not be an international student who has been subsidized through the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) grants. Furthermore, if you were studying on home country scholarship with return obligations, you are not eligible unless such obligations have been fulfilled.

It is an excellent opportunity of international PhD graduates or students to get the permanent resident status in Canada as it allows them to apply without even job offer. If you are international student and meet the above stated requirements, you can contact us to find our how you can benefit from this great once a life time opportunity.


Leave A Reply