Physiotherapists NOC 3142 are eligible to apply for Canadian immigration under Federal Skilled Worker Class if they also meet the other requirements. Applicants who meet all the criterion must hurry to apply as Physiotherapists before the limit is reached.
Physiotherapists (NOC 3142) assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centres and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
Possible Job Titles:
- clinical physical therapist
- clinical physiotherapist
- consultant physical therapist
- consultant physiotherapist
- physical rehabilitation therapist
- physical therapist
- physical therapy clinical coordinator
- physical therapy clinical specialist
- physical therapy officer – military
- physical therapy supervisor
- physiotherapy clinical coordinator
- physiotherapy supervisor
- registered physical therapist
- registered physiotherapist
- research physical therapist
- research physiotherapist
Main Job Responsibilities:
Physiotherapists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests
- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses
- Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, massage, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly
- Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals regarding patients’ problems, needs and progress
- Maintain clinical and statistical records and confer with other health care professionals
- Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community
- May conduct research in physiotherapy
- May provide consulting or education services.
- Physiotherapists may focus their practice in particular clinical areas such as neurology, oncology, rheumatology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, burns or sports injuries or in the field of ergonomics.
- A university degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- A license or registration with a regulatory body is required to practice physiotherapy in all provinces.
- Completion of the Physiotherapy National Exam, administered by the Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulatory Boards, may be required.
Each year Citizenship and Immigration Canada sets the maximum limit of application processed per year. In most cases, it takes a few months to reach that limit. Therefore, we advise that retain our services at the earliest possible so that your application can be submitted without any unnecessary delays.
We can help applicants in assessing their eligibility as Federal Skilled Worker or provide them the best alternate option to immigrate to Canada. Click Here to Contact us to check out if you qualify.