What is Canada Family Sponsorship?

The permanent residents or citizens of Canada can sponsor their relatives under the family class immigration program provided that they are 18 years or older and have financial resources to support their sponsored relatives.

Furthermore, sponsor has to sign a sponsorship agreement with the government of Canada for the following periods of time:

  • For spouses, conjugal partners or common-law partners – Three (3) Years,
  • For parents and Grandparents – Twenty (20) Years
  • For all other eligible relationships – Ten (10) Years.

Persons sponsoring a spouse, a conjugal partner, or a common-law partner who do not have any dependents, or a child, are not required to meet the minimum level of income.

Following relatives are included in the Canadian family class sponsorship as defined in Immigration and Refugee Protection Act Regulations 117(1)(a)-(h):

Spouse, Common-law Partner, Conjugal Partner: The sponsor must be married legally to the applicant in order to be considered as sponsor’s spouse. The marriage must be recognized legally by the country in which it was administered if it took place out side Canada.

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has lived with a person in a conjugal relationship for a minimum one year may become eligible to sponsor common-law partner. It still may be possible to sponsor a conjugal partner even if sponsor has not been able to lived with conjugal partner continually for one year due to extenuating circumstances.

Children: The children are considered dependent if they are under 22 years and not married and can be sponsored. Children older than 22 years may be sponsored, if they are studying full time and are substantially dependent on sponsor for their financial need.

Sponsor’s mother and father
: You can sponsor your parents (mother and father) to immigrate to Canada and live with you. You can not sponsor your siblings directly under the Canadian Family Class. You can only sponsor your siblings under 19 years as accompanying dependents of sponsored parents.

Grandparents: The mother or father of the mother or father of the sponsor. CIC has started accepting application for sponsorship for Grandparents from January 2, 2014. You can also apply for Super Visa effective December 1, 2011.

Orphans: You can sponsor a sibling, niece or nephew, or a grandchild if both of their parents have passed away and they unmarried and 18 years old or younger.

Adopted Children: You may sponsor a person under 18 years of age if you have intention to adopt him/her in Canada.

Other Relative: If you do not have any relative who is living abroad or in Canada who is eligible for sponsorship under Canadian Family Class, then you may be able to sponsor one any relative. The condition of age does not apply in this case.

We can help you in assessing your eligibility to sponsor a family member or provide you the best alternate option for your relatives to immigrate to Canada.  Click Here to Contact us to check out if you qualify.



  1. Helo sir,
    I,m a bs,ns man in pakistan and want to migrat canada for my future .
    I,m maried person with my 3 litle children
    1st , is 5 year,s old ,,, 2nd is 3 year,s and 3rd is 1 year old ,
    And also with my parent,s too,,,, so tell me how I apply and migrat to canada
    For permanent,

  2. I am married having spouse and 3 children aging from 18 years to 2.5 years. I and my wife are Master degree holders. My elder brother is candian citizen and my mother and younger brother are US citizen. My mother in Law and brother in law are US citizen and one of my brother in law is cancdian citizen.

    Guide for swift permanent immigration to Canada.

  3. Hello Dear Sir,

    My name is Muhammad Ali Sharey and I am a professional photographer I am married and have 2 sons elder son is 5 years old and younger is 2.3 years old.
    as you know every body need batter future, peace full and tension free life.
    so i need to migrate Canada.
    can you help us?

    warm regards,
    Ali Sharey

  4. hello sir

    i m 26 year old guy… i did Bs hons in computer science…i want go to canada….my uncle and my aunt are there,and they are canadian citizen.as u know every body wants good life so i want to migrate canada…can u help me?

  5. My Name Is Aman Ali And I Want to go Canada Because i m Not save here in Pakistan I m 16 years old my faimly is Unsafe in my faimly i have 1 bro and mom And Dad Please tell Me How Can We Go Canada I Want to There! Thank u!

  6. Syed Muhammad Sohail Mazhar on

    can my wife’s father and mother sponsor in Canada her daughter with he family

Leave A Reply